Cox Communications, also known as Cox Cable is an American digital cable television provider headquartered in Atlanta, U.S. and is served across the different zones of the U.S. It also provides telecommunications and home automation services. It has customers of about 6.5 million and is the third-largest in the U.S. It was founded in the year 1960 and is the second-largest carrier in the country.
This article is about the activation procedure of the Cox equipment, and in the procedure, you will get detailed information of what you need when you will start the activation procedure.
Pre-requisites for the activation procedure:
- The Cox PIN and the account number, the last four digits of the Social Security Number (SSN)
- The User ID of the account holder and Password.
Guidelines to be followed for the Activation of new Cox Equipment:
If you are going for self-installation, then you have followed the steps given depending on the type of internet package you have. The first five steps that will come up are the same regardless of the package you have chosen.
- You first have to double-check the gear – if you have got the equipment from the local Cox Communications store or you have received it through the shipping procedure, your first task is to check all the contents of the box, before you are going to start the installation process. Check for the modem or Cox Gateway, coaxial cables, a power adapter, an Ethernet cord, a cable fitter, and instructions. If you have found all the contents intact and there, you can start the installation process.
- Now, you have to check for the ideal location for the modem – before you have taken out the contents and start the installation process, you have to check for central location in your home, from where the internet connection will run freely throughout.
- You need to shut down all computers and laptops – you need to power down the device that you are to use when you will be activating the account. If the power of the device is on, then you might face some power surges, so it’s better to shut them down, and this can even save you from calling the technical support.
Note – if you are using the Cox Gateway to connect wirelessly, then there is no need to turn off the devices.
- You have to connect the coaxial cable to the television – after you have found a suitable location for the installation, you now need to connect the coaxial cable to the wall connection. Then you have to connect to the modem’s cable port.
- Now, you have to turn on the power – first you need to connect the power adapter to the wall and then the modem.
- Instructions need to be followed for the specific equipment – you have to follow the instructions provided for the specific equipment whether you are choosing the cable internet with a modem or the Cox Gateway.
Activation of New Internet or phone modem up:
- First, you have to get the coax cable out of the kit and connect it from the wall to the back of the modem.
- Then you have to plug the power cord to the device’s power port on the back and on the other end to the electrical outlet.
- Then after you have turned on the device, you have to wait for at least 15 minutes for the completion of the initial boot-up process.
- Then you have to get a digital copy by consulting your self-installation kit or Cox Self-Installation kits and user guides.
Note – if you are not having a Cox retail modem, then you need to look out for the following information.
- Serial number
- MAC address (retail)
- Then you have to launch the web browser and you have to type cox.com/activate on the address bar.
- Then you have to use any of the following methods to check your account
- Location of the service
- The number of the account
- The cox username
- Then you have to hit the Look up account button and then you have to fill in the information asked to gain access to your account.
- Then you have to activate the service and device, and then you have to click on the Next button and follow the onscreen prompts that will come up.
Note – the instructions might be different based on the services and equipment connected.
Also Read: Xfinity Flex not Working SOLVED
Activation of the new receiver:
- First, you have to connect the coax cable you have accessed from the kit from the wall to the receiver’s rear port.
- Then you have to plug the blue end of the HDMI cable into the backport of the receiver and the other end of the television.
- Then you have to plug in the power cord to the device’s power port on the back and the other end to the power outlet.
- Then you have to turn on the receiver and TV, and then you have to select the HDMI connection with the TV remote and then follow the activation procedure that comes up on the TV.
- Then for the digital copy, you have to consult the Cox self-installation kit and user guides.
- There is also another step, where you have to turn on the device and go to the activation site and check your account using the methods – location of the service, number of the account, cox username.
- Then you have to click the Next button and follow the onscreen prompts so that you can gain the access to your account.
- Then you have to activate the service by clicking the Next button and follow the prompts to complete the procedure.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- Q. Which Cox internet package is the most cost effective?
Ans. Cox’s fastest internet plan is Gigablast, and it allows the customers with the download speeds of 940 mbps and upload speeds of 35 Mbps. Gigablast S is also as same as the Gigablast, where it provides 1000 Mbps upload speed.
- Q. Are you supposed to get a free modem from Cox?
Ans. Some customers having Cox high-speed internet and Cox digital telephone might be eligible for a free modem rental, and all the customers are not eligible.
- Q. Why is my Cox cable box blinking green?
Ans. When you see a flashing green light on the box, then according to the manual, you need to have the Cox service. When you see a blink in the green light, then it is an indication that the connection between the TV and the device is disrupted.
If you are to follow the steps accordingly, then you would be able to complete the whole procedure in no time and you can do it easily without the help of the technician.
If you are facing any problem and is in need to consult with the agency, then you can contact them on the number 800-234-3993, or you can go for the live chat icon on their help page, or you can contact the store.